My little brother made another card. I don't who it is for cuz he won't tell me! He took one of Grandma's matchbox cards and added a Penny Black stickeroo. That is such a funny word!
Grandma showed him how to stick one corner and pivot (that's another funny word). It was too hard for him so Grandma stuck the corner and he pivoted it into place. He did good at that! Grandma showed him how to put the words on the snowflake. She punches words out for us and leaves them in my embellishment black bin.
My brother likes his card...I think cuz he likes penguins!. We have a good movie about them.
He is entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Penny Black Saturday Challenge - Glitter and sparkle If you look really closely, the red snowflake is glitter embossed and the image is a PB stickeroo
2.Simon Says Stamp - anything Christmassy
3.Marks Finest Papers Friends of Speedy TV #51 - Happy Holidays
4. Marks Finest Papers Sketch with a Twist Challenge - # 25 Make a Christmas / Holiday card using the sketch
Sunday, 23 December 2012
I made one more card of that pretty horse drawn sleigh image. This one is for my Great Grandma. She is 87 years old so maybe she rode in a horse drawn sleigh once upon a time. And she lived happily ever after 'cuz she had a horse farm and raised horses. Lots of horses!
I know she will like this card because a horse card would be her second choice after a Baby Jesus card. I hope I get a Baby Jesus stamp in my stocking for Christmas...I asked Santa for card making supplies.
Two boys in my class don't believe in Santa. I told my little brother and we decided that he is real. He always brings us presents so he must be real. I do think maybe is he doesn't have real bones so that he can fit down the chimneys. When he fits down there, I hope he has some new stamps for me and some new copic pens. Sometimes I don't have enough colours and then I have to wait to finish my image till Grandma comes over with hers.
Here is my card. I did not have to colour this one at all, just chalk the edges. I used something new in this card. My Grandma calls it a border strip. It looks like wax paper but feels like glass. It is the shimmery strip of handwriting under my red ribbon. Do you know how to read handwriting yet? I am not sure what it says because I am still learning to sound out words that are printed. I can read now if the words aren't too hard...if they are I try to sound them out. Some words are really hard though.
I think when you are really old you get to learn handwriting cuz my Mum knows how.
Here is the card for my Great Grandma. I put lots of bling on it so she could see it.l.
My Grandma helped me stamp the inside. The images don't matter if they are crooked cuz you just make sure the die cut is on straight and then it is OK. But the inside of the card is scary...it is so hard to get it straight. She put it where it should go and I pressed it down.
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - Everything on this card is from the snippet bins except the stamp! Even the card base is really old.
2.Simon Says Stamp - Anything Christmassy
3.One Stop Craft Challenge - A Christmas Carol, Mine is Jingle Bells
4. Penny Black and More at Allsorts - It's Your Choice, I have my fingers crossed for this one cuz I love the Penny Black stamps, I only have 2 and I love them! I hope I win some of their stamps! They even have some horse stamps too!
5. Marks Finest Papers Friends of Speedy TV - Happy Holidays
Saturday, 22 December 2012
I made a Christmas card for my aunt. She loves horses even more that I do! My Grandma says that my aunt is the original Pony Girl! Her whole house is decorated in an equestrian theme. I love her house and all her horses.
She has lots of horses to ride. She is a 3 Day Event Rider but it is very hard to find a horse stamp for that.
My Grandma found this horse drawn sleigh instead and I hope she will like it. I had to keep this card quite flat. as it had to be mailed.
I stamped it onto a snippet of apple greencard stock from my Grandma's scrap bins. The best part was chalking the edges, I love that part! I stamped it all by myself. I had to press really hard all over the stamp. I had to do it twice cuz the first one was smudgy in the middle. It is easier to stamp outlines of images!
Card - Ivory card and envelope package from Dollarama, My Mum bought them for me
Card Stock - Brown shimmery card stock - Grandma's snippet bin
- Apple green card stock from Grandma's snippet bin
- Ivory shimmer card stock from Grandma's snippet bin
Bling - red diamonds from Dollarama
Die - Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Squares
Stamp - not sure right now, I will update later
I am entering this stamp into the following challenges:
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - I used snippets from my Grandma's bins
2. Simon Says Stamp - Anything Christmassy
3. Crafty Boots Challenge - Christmas
4. One Stop Craft Challenge - A Christmas Carol - Jingle bells
5. Penny Black and More at Allsorts - It's your choice
6. Marks Finest Papers, Friends of Speedy TV - Happy Holiday, I think my card is for a happy holiday cuz I am always happy when I see a horse, especially at the Christmas holidays.